Frigidaire FAS256R2A Window Air Conditioner
ideal for small to medium rooms
This is a great air conditioner with an Energy Efficiency Ratioof 9.4 and is alsoEnergy Starcompliant. It comes with plenty of cooling power and some very good recommendations from customers. See section entitled Consumer Summary Points.
It has a Cooling Capacityof 25,000 BTU, which equates to a cooling area of 1,670 sq.ft.and boasts a lot of good features and functions.
It also has a Heating Capacity of 16,000 BTUs.
Features include full-function electronic control with remote; multi-step fan speeds; multi-directional air control; tilt-out filter access, clean air ionizer and quick mount window kit for clean installation.
For a full list of features, check out the section on Manufactures Features at a Glance.
InstallationIt is strongly recommended that two people work together to move and install this heavy-duty air conditioner.
Installation instructions are extremely detailed and take the customer step-by-step through every stage of the installation process- and a PleatedQuick Mount Window Mounting Kit is included to help simplify the installation process.
There are detailed instruction for those choosing a Window Installation, where customers are encouraged to carry out preliminary preparations, like examining the size, type and condition of the widow.
Similar detailed instructions are given for a Wall Installation, where care is needed to check the construction, masonry and chosen location.
Strong recommendations are made that a qualified builder or carpenter is consulted prior to assembly and customers are similarly encouraged to consult a certified electrician during the installation process.
Manufactures Features at a Glance
- AC Type:- Thru-Wall/Window
- Air Flow:- 492 CFM
- Auto Cool Function
- Cabinet Louvers
- Clean Air Filtration:- Ionizer/Electrostatic
- Controls:- Full-Function Electronic
- Cooling Area:- approx 1,670 sq.ft.
- Cooling Capacity:- 25000 BTU/hr
- Dehumidifier Functionality with Moisture Removal of 8Pt/h
- Energy Efficiency Ratio:- 9.4 EER
- ENERGY STAR®
- Energy Save
- Fresh Air Intake
- Fan Speeds (Cooling):- 3
- Filter:- Electrostatic / Tilt-out Filter Access / Filter Check
- Heating Capacity:- 16,000 BUTs
- Infinite Air Direction Control
- LVC Technology (Low Voltage Compensation) ensures proper operation of the unit when voltage fluctuates
- Remote Control :- Full Function Remote Control with Thermostat in Remote
- Sleep Mode
- 24 Hour On / Off Timer
- Variable Speed Fan
- Window Mounting Kit Pleated Quick Mount
- Gurgle / Hiss This noise may be heard due to refrigerant passing through the evaporator during normal operation.
- Sound of Rushing Air:- You may the sound of rushing air being moved by the fan, at the front of the unit.
- Pinging or Swishings:- Droplets of water hitting the condenser during normal operation may result if this sound.
- A Vibration: - A unit may vibrate of make an unusual noise because of poor wall of window construction or incorrect installation of the unit.
- A good energy efficient air conditioner ? highly recommended
- A great value air conditioner, whichadheres to its specifications
- All reviewers would recommend this to a friend
- An air conditioner that is well worth the price
- An easy unit to install ? really pleased
- Easy window installation
- Fastcooling ofentireroom -
- Good, even distribution of air
- Good unit with lots of cooling power
- Has some nice functions and features
- Probably no better air conditionerthan this one ? especially for this price
- Pleased with Energy Star rated as it?s designed to keep cost down
- Quiet air conditioner- easy control functions- cools fast
- Remote control is really good feature
- Temperature controls are very accurate
- No complaints at all
- Rather heavy, requiring two people to install
Ionizer/Electrostatic Clean Air Filtration
ControlsThe unit comes with Electronic Controls and can be fully controlled by the Touch Pad on its own or by the Full-FunctionRemote, completely independently of the touch pad.
It is always advisable to thoroughly familiarize yourself with the controls and operating instruction before beginning to operate any unit, as this can prevent needless frustration and may prevent unnecessary damage.
The descriptions of functions below are a rough guide and becoming fully conversant with the different modes and switches is highly recommended:-
On Off Button:-
This is the only button that should be used to switch the unit on or off.
Touch Pad Features:-
Buttons on the touch pad include :-Timer Button / Mode Button (4 choices) / Sleep Button / Fan Speed button (4 choices) / Clean Air Button / Time and Temperature (up & down) arrows / Digital Display Face /Remote Sensor.
Buttons on the remote control include :-Timer Button / Check Filter Reset Button / Mode Button (4 choices) / Sleep Button / Auto Fan Button / Clean Air Button / Time and Temperature (up & down) arrows / Fan Speed Arrows (left & right) / Digital Display Face / on-off Light.
The unit is preprogrammed to switch on at 72° but this temperature can be altered, using the up/down arrows to increase / decrease the temperature .
Fresh Air Vent:-
This allows the unit to reticulateinside air (with the vent closed) to draw fresh air in from outside (with the vent opened) or to exchange air from the room as well as drawing in fresh air (using both vent and exhaust.)
The Cool Circuit:-
This has an automatic 3 minute start-delay, which occurs of the unit is switched off and back on too quickly. This delay prevents the compressor from overheating or the circuit breaker to trip but the fan continues to fun. This control maintains the temperature within 2°F between 60°F and 90°F.
The digital display is capable of displaying the temperature in either degrees Centigrade or Fahrenheit
The four modes are Fan Only / Energy Saver / Cool / Heat. One of four lights above the button indicates which selection has been made.
Should the timer button be used to delay the start time or stop time of the unit a small light will indicate that this selection has been made.
Check Filter Button:-
As a reminder to clean the filter a light above the Check Filter button lights-up. This feature gives 250 hours of operation before lighting-up Resetting this feature is done simply be means of pushing the Check Filter button to switch off the light
Clean Air Feature:-
When this feature is selected a light above the button is lit-up and the electronic air-purifier is energized to remove pollen and other air-borne impurities. This is one feature the can only be activated by the touch pad.
This is an energy saving mode whereby the temperature overnight is gradually increased, first by 2° after 30 minutes, and then by a further 2° after a further 30 minutes. It is thereafter maintained for 7 hours before reverting to the original settings.
This can be run with any combination of fan speeds
This function is activated only from the remote when on cooling mode. It provides a second temperature sensor -which is actually included within the remote control. If cooling is difficult to reach in a certain area you can enable the remote with this remote sensor feature. Once activated the remote is then placed in the chosen area. As long as the remote is in clear line of path with the unit the remote communicates the unit temperature to that difficult to reach area.
Should there be a fault in the system one of a number of fault codes may be shown on the digital display face.
Sounds and NoiseFive sounds are associated with the normal operational use of this unit:-
SafetyThe Power Supply Chord contains an device that detects any damage to the power cord. It also has a test button to test the power, and a reset button should the power have failed.
NOTE this power supply cord is NOT to be used to switch the unit on or off.
This unit comes with LVC Technology (Low Voltage Compensation), which ensures the proper operation of the unit when voltage fluctuates.
As will all electrical equipment Frigidaire give some wise advice including:-
Always unplug the unit when cleaning of changing the filter or cleaning the cabinet.
A range of safety measures are outlined in the manual to prevent any accidents and customers are advised to read these instruction carefully.
Air FiltersAir filters should be checked monthly and cleaned occasionally to keep the unit looking good and functioning in tip top condition.
Clear instructions are give to check and clean the Tilt-Out Filter access and a Filter Check indicator light is lit up on the control panel when the filter needs to be checked. The Reset Buttonon the control panel is pressed following cleaning to reset this function. It should last about 250 hours before needing further attention
This filter has an Electrostatic dust colleting and ozone reducing function, which purifies the air, which is a great advantage to those with allergies
Consumer Summary Points
Warranty1-Year Parts and Labor
|Height 18.63 inches|
|Depth 25 inches (with front 26.5 inches)|
|Depth 21.25 inches|